Help us Fundraise
Nobody should face a mental health problem alone.
We need your help so we can be there on the other end of the telephone for anyone that’s finding things mentally tough right now.
The current situation has led to many fundraising activities being cancelled so we are trying new ways of raising money to fund our services. Have a look at our virtual fundraising ideas to see how you can get involved while keeping active and connected at the same time!
Our virtual fundraising ideas are based around the five ways to wellbeing.
With many of us in isolation and with social distancing strongly advised, it is important that we stay connected with our network of family, friends or colleagues.
- Virtual pub quiz – use Skype, Zoom, FaceTime or Google Hangouts to hold a virtual pub quiz. Set up a VirginGiving page and ask your guests to make a donation to take part.
- Virtual Crafternoon – get together with your favourite people online for a virtual spin-off of Mind’s craftiest fundraising event.
Regular physical activity doesn’t have to be outside for you to feel the benefits to your wellbeing.
- Virtual physical activity – lead an online class through Facebook Live or Instagram Live. It could be yoga, pilates or old school aerobics. Set up a JustGiving page and ask for a donation to Mind for friends to attend.
- We have partenered with Ultra Challenge Series 2021. Walk, jog or run your way along one of 14 great courses across the UK.Visit our Ultra Challenge page here to register. Register before the end of January 2021 any you’ll only pay £1.
Even at this difficult time you can still take some time to enjoy the moment and the environment around you.
- Green fingers sweepstake – choose your favourite plant and encourage your friends to sow seeds at the same time as you. Ask them for a donation, and over time you can watch your seeds change from seedlings into grown plants. The gardener of the plant that bares its first fruit or flower wins half the sweepstake donation. Donate the other half to Woking Mind.
- Ebay your clutter away – now is a good opportunity to declutter, and working through your possessions is a chance to remember memories associated with them. Sell your clutter on Ebay, donate the money you make to Woking Mind.
- Online gig – if you have a musical talent, take it online to a virtual gig through Facebook or Instagram live. Set up a Virgin Moneygiving page so that those who join your gig can make a donation. Listening to live music is also a great way for others to take notice.
- Declutter & Donate – Looking to get rid of your clutter? Get involved with #DeclutterAndDonate.Clearing out your books, games, CDs and DVDs has never been so rewarding! Download the Ziffit app and choose Woking Mind at the checkout.
Learning something new has been strongly associated with higher levels of wellbeing.
- Online tutorials – share your skills with others through online tutorials. You could do cooking, a foreign language or flower arranging. Ask for a donation in exchange for sharing your skills, which can be donated on your Virgin Moneygiving page. Or does your friend have a skill that you have always wanted to learn? Ask them to set one up for you.
- Virtual book club – take your book club online or set up your own online book club. Donate the money that you would’ve spent on drinks and snacks to Woking Mind. When you’re done with your books, use Ziffit to de-clutter your bookshelf and they’ll make a donation to Woking Mind for you when you choose us at the checkout.
Research into actions that promote happiness has shown that committing an act of kindness once a week, over a six-week period is associated with an increase in wellbeing.
- Birthday Fundraiser – creating a birthday fundraiser is a fantastic way to give back to a cause you’re passionate about on your special day. Staying at home and self-isolating mean social gatherings and parties are on hold, but you could ask them to donate to Woking Mind instead. Encourage friends and family members to forgo birthday gifts and donate to your birthday fundraiser by setting up a Virgin Moneygiving page for Woking Mind.
- Coronavirus jar – Put £1 into the jar whenever you use the word “coronavirus” and donate the collection to Woking Mind.
- Donate to Woking Mind – many of us are finding that we are working from home or cancelling activities outside of the house. This may mean that you find that we are saving money on travel or other expenses. If you able to, you may want to consider donating those savings to Woking Mind.
How to start a fundraising page
To download a copy of our fundraising guide on how to set up a fundraiser, keeping it legal and banking the money you have raised click here.
This guide is designed to be a handy starting point – full of advice on everything from planning a successful fundraising event to spreading the word about your events.
When people give us their time,money, energy and passion, they’re helping Woking Mind to be there for anyone who needs us.
Easy ways to raise money for us while you shop!
Shop on AmazonSmile and Amazon donates to Woking Mind, at no cost to you.
Visit our AmazonSmile Charity link here
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping App to all AmazonSmile customers using supported Android devices.
You can support us without spending anything! Audible, NOW TV, Apple Music, Experian and more will give us a FREE donation when you use #easyfundraising to start a free trial or compare a quote with them!
Click here to sign up.